Today we are talking about surviving the imposter syndrome. Imposter Syndrome makes you feel like you are inadequate and incompetent despite your talent and abilities. You feel like a phony and your thoughts can be very obtrusive and sometimes debilitating. People with imposter syndrome usually have a cyclical way of thinking. They don’t think they are qualified to do tasks properly even when they are qualified. This causes the person to experience anxiety and to overly prepare and/or procrastinate. When the task is successful, they will believe their perfectionistic tendencies (overly preparing) or sheer luck (procrastination) was the cause. This reinforces their way of thinking to minimize their success and feel unqualified. As a result, the person will continue to feel fearful of being exposed as not good enough. Let’s dig deeper into that shadow part and shine a light on it to take its power away.
- Meditation: Song – “Take up space sis” by Toni Jones (4 mins)
- Journaling: Fraud Check (3 mins)
- Reflection: Change The Narrative (3 mins)
- Self-Love: Visualize Success (2 mins)
- Meditation: Song – “I am enough” by Coax Marie (2 mins)
- Affirmation: Authentic Me (1 min)