It is practically impossible to be yourself when you internalize the wound of rejection. When you have unhealed emotional trauma because of rejection, you sometimes wonder what you are doing with your life, and you find it hard to believe that you could be happy (again) and offer something valuable to the world. In contrast, when you do begin to get positive attention, you don’t know what to do with it or the feelings it conjures up. You may start self-sabotaging so that others reject you even though your biggest fear is having to deal with that anxiety. The good news is, when you finally face how you feel/have felt having experienced rejection, you open the door to acceptance, and you can start to move from surviving to thriving. Every rejection, failure, and let down is a chance to regroup, and start over. I believe what is for you is for you and can never be taken from you or given to someone else.
- Meditation: Song – “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” by Nina Simone (3 mins)
- Journaling: How Ya Like Me Now? (3 mins)
- Reflection: It’s Not You, It’s ME (3 mins)
- Intentionality: Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Am I The Fairest Of Them All? (2 mins)
- Affirmations: I Choose To Thrive (1 min)