People pleasing is a trauma response and is often used to diffuse conflict, feel more secure in relationships, and earn the approval of others. We tend to use people pleasing to create some sort of safety in the way we connect with others. We try to live up to unrealistic expectations and the desires of other people. By being a people-pleaser, we think others will “finally see us”, but that is a false sense of security. And, consequently, NO ONE ends up seeing your authentic self which can lead to feeling misunderstood, and resentful. It’s time to address this and leave the guilt and shame behind.
- Meditation: Song – “Flow” by Alessia De Gasperis (3 mins)
- Reflection: It’s Me, NOT You (3 mins)
- Self-Love: Speak Up (2 mins)
- Intentionality: Leggoooo (2 mins)
- Meditation: Song – “Invitation to Maybe” by Toni Jones (3 mins)
- Affirmation: I Matter (1 min)