We all know that motivation alone doesn’t always work. We all search for it to get things done and reach our goals but most times we may find that the motivation to actually do those things doesn’t just magically appear, we have to initiate it. Motivation doesn’t always start the action but action almost always starts the motivation. The difference between motivation and determination is that when we wait to be motivated we wait for outside circumstances to motivate us and that external motivation doesn’t always come or it doesn’t always work. Determination comes from our internal self-talk, it comes from the decision that you will not wait for outside forces to push you but you remind yourself that you have all the power to push yourself.
- Journaling: The Feelings of Determination (3 mins)
- Gratitude: Tapping Into Gratitude in Determination (2 mins)
- Intentionality: Fueling Today (3 mins)
- Affirmation: Affirming Your Identity (2 mins)
- Visualization: The Ripple of Achievement (3 mins)