When you choose to do shadow work and meet the parts of yourself that you are ashamed of, that you’ve disowned, you need to do in with self-acceptance, kindness and self-compassion. If you’re hard on yourself when you make mistakes, it is difficult to confront your shadow. If you’re accustomed to feeling shame or guilt, you need to transmute these emotions with friendliness, self-acceptance, and self-compassion. Sometimes it’s hard to accept who we are and feeling comfortable in our own skin. We’re hard on ourselves and can’t help but see all the flaws and that’s when we need the most self-compassion and grace — not only for others, but ourselves.
- Meditation: Song – “Worth It” by Amber Mark (3 mins)
- Journaling: Love Me Tender, Love Me Kind (3 mins)
- Reflection: Breakdowns Lead To Breakthroughs (3 mins)
- Intentionality: Forgive To Live (3 mins)
- Affirmations: Compassionate Me (1 min)