Our culture’s obsession with perfection creates a shadow on our hearts, minds and bodies and it keeps us from enjoying life. If we are always striving for perfection, we become perpetually disappointed. Instead, we can be vulnerable with others, and embody self-compassion and empathy. APA cites “perfectionism correlates with depression, anxiety, eating disorders and other mental health problems.” Let that be the sign that you do not need to chase perfectionism. Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful. In today’s class, we reconcile our joy while battling perfectionism.
- Meditation: Song – “Perfect” by P!nk (3 mins)
- Journaling: Playing Small (3 mins)
- Reflection: Flaws ‘N All (3 mins)
- Self-Love: Extra, Extra Read All About It! (2 mins)
- Affirmations: Perfectly Imperfect (1 min)
- Meditation: Song – “Firework” by Katy Perry (2 mins)