In order to manifest and create a life that feels good and aligns with our values, we’ve got to know what we want.
Gaining clarity on our needs, desires and dreams is such a big part of what we do in class. It helps you figure out what you want by going inward.
Our desires change throughout our life, so it’s important to check in with yourself from time to time to reflect on what’s working, what’s not, what feels right and what we may be able to surrender.
How can you get clarity? Clarity can be found through processes like reflection, meditation, journaling, connection, and really any time we pause, get intentional, and listen in.
Self-Care Journal Prompts to Gain Clarity
- How do you want to feel this week? Pick your top three core desired feelings.
- When do you feel the most energized?
- What do you need right now?
- What are the little moments that bring you joy in your daily life?
- How can you make the most of the smaller moments this week? For example, “I can watch the sunrise with coffee on the patio.”
- Who are the people you can be your true, authentic self around?
- What are you goals and/or intentions for the new week or month?
- When do you feel most connected to your family, friends and loved ones?
- Make a list of the routines/habits make you feel really great.
- Write a timeline for the most nourishing and happy day you could possibly have.
- Make a list of the things you hold energetically — things you feel responsible for, that take your energy, feel heavy, or cause you stress.
- Reflecting on the list above, what is something you are holding onto that you need to release?
- As yourself, what makes a good friend? Or what quality do you love in people? Are you being that?
- Finish the sentence: This week, I commit to…
- Visualize the highest version of yourself: What three words describe this person? How do you carry yourself? How do you spend your time?
- What are some “negative” (constructive) emotions that you occasionally experience, and what can you do when you’re feeling that way?
- What do you want to learn about this week? This could be books to read, topics to dig into, podcasts to listen to.
- What’s one small thing you can do differently tomorrow that will make your day even more nourishing?
Once you’ve gained some clarity, you can be more intentional with your decisions and start to build a life that feels more in alignment with your highest self.